Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Understood and hopefully you will.

I may be a lot of things but I take your class seriously. I struggle with the assignments which makes me a little slow. (I have the narrative due) It's definitely me. I completely understand what you say but putting it to paper isn't as easy.

I'll leave you with one last thought then I'll go back to being the student.

Three years ago a teacher of mine tried to dissuade me from writing a paper because it was too intense of a subject. Being the boring conformist that I am, I should have agreed but decided instead to write it. Maybe it wasn't the greatest writing but it changed the way I viewed my life. You can't imagine how much. I know that wasn't his intent but I appreciated his willingness to let my try.

I should have grown up fighting with the world. Instead, I chose the quiet route. It fits me.

1 Comments:

Blogger johngoldfine said...

"Being the boring conformist that I am, I should have agreed but decided instead to write it."

Wouldn't the boring conformist have just said 'What-ever" and gone along with teacher's advice? Isn't that pretty much the definitiion of boring conformist?

4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home