Monday, October 02, 2006

Different

John,
I think it is pretty clear that I am not entirely private about my emotions. The great thing about blogging is being able to put thoughts somewhere that you may not otherwise. I'm a pretty shy person most of the time so expressing my feelings here gives me a bit of release.

I don't think it is an unfair assumption that you are uncomfortable with "mushy" emotions. Whether it is about someone dying or not. It appears, much like my husband, that you appreciate the hard core rebel approach. I'm not the best at roping that emotion in once it's out.

I learned in English Lit. and from you that one form of good writing is not telling everything. I don't think it would surprise you to know how much I have been cutting out of my writing. It doesn't mean I will always know when to say when.

1 Comments:

Blogger johngoldfine said...

NOt telling everything! That's right, I must have said that to you in 101, eh? Sometimes less is more? Ricochet principle (we come to that in 162 in a few weeks.) I never knew that anyone remembered anything I said!

I'd hate to admit I'm uncomfortable with mushy emotions--not my own anyway! Other people's? Well, then, it's not just what do I feel about what I feel, but also can I put a face on that's socially adequate? Can I say something without either being cold or overstating the case? Am I called on or not to say anything anyway?

Anyway, it certainly is your darn blog and any way you want to use it, any way that's helpful to you, is ok with me as long as I can find my assignments in with everything else.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home