Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Journal Entry # 9

Kraft macaroni and cheese! If someone told me that I had to pick one thing to eat for the rest of my life, it would be Kraft mac and cheese.

Most foods I grew up on, I wouldn't dream of eating. Hamburger Helper for instance. What cruel punishment for children! I would literally cringe when I heard my mother speak it.

Biscuits, what really is the purpose? My mother thought putting different toppings on them would somehow disguise that it was just another biscuit. I think she was proud of her biscuits. Glad someone was.

I'm fully aware of the lack of nutrients in a box of mac and cheese, that the pasta stays in my stomach hours after I've eaten it, and there are 780 calories in one box. When I'm shoveling in that creamy mixture of butter, milk, noodles, and cheese I can't even hear myself think. I'm just a kid with her mac!

2 Comments:

Blogger johngoldfine said...

Kid's comfort food--for me it's tuna a la king on toast points, bread cut diagonally of course, which makes it taste so much better than cut straight across.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Mainer said...

My husband hates when I cut his bread that way.

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home