Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Journal entry #4

I slip off my tattered leopard print slippers, pull back the covers and slither gingerly between the sheets. Carefully, I fluff my pillows as not to disturb the comatose lump beside me. Shifting...I'm suddenly frozen in place. He moved! I stop breathing for a second...wait...he's snoring again. I continue shifting until I find a comfortable position. Hahhh that's it. I reach for the remote to discover it isn't near my glass of water. How could that be? I hesitantly look to the direction of my husbands table. Yep, damnit! The remote is on his side of the bed...

His mouth slightly open, eyes twitching, and tree chopping steady, I move myself closer. Turning on my side, in slow motion, I reach over his body. My hand touches the plastic. YES! Suddenly he rolls. My arm stretched in the air, I'm as still as mouse. I listen for his "melodic" rattle then return to my comfort zone. Suddenly it occurrs to me...he gets out of bed at 4am like a bucking bronco released from his holding gait. He flips on the light, grabs the door handle and swings it open without a thought in the world for me.

Click! TV's on. Time to make some popcorn.

1 Comments:

Blogger johngoldfine said...

This is unusual--very immediate. You're trying to erase the distance between the reader and the writer, turning your experience into ours. Sure, why not!

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home