Thursday, September 14, 2006

Journal Entry #7

I saw the most amazing thing yesterday morning. It was 6:30am. There was a light frost on the border of the lawn and dew clung to everything. I walked my dog Hunter first. We take the normal route around the yard so he can do his thing in the tall grass. For whatever reason, he felt the need to lift his leg on my peppers. Since my husband eats them, I wasn't too disgusted...we continued on.

The sun greeted us as we walked down the long driveway. I didn't notice until I turned to my left but there were literally hundreds of perfectly spun cobwebs clinging to the fields. The sun lit them up making them look like dusty circles. With the exception of a few, the majority appeared as if they were subdivided into military rows. I stood staring in amazement. There are so many things in the world to see but this was something I'd never heard anyone speak of.

I walked the dog back up the driveway still mesmerized by the site. Suddenly a nose pushed against my hip. Hunter was letting me know that I wasn't paying attention to him the way I did every morning. I scratched his ears, and gooed at him while walking with my neck cranked doing everything I could to sneak a few more looks of mother nature's art.

1 Comments:

Blogger johngoldfine said...

The missus and I ooohed and aaahed over the same phenomenon the other morning.

There is a fancy term for what Hunter did: it's called 'bunting' (not the pooping part) and our more dependent dogs do it regularly during a walk to check in.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home